Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Athena's Indoor Adventure

My advice to anyone considering getting a puppy is do not get a puppy during the wintertime.  Potty training is a tough idea to sell to Athena when it's this cold outside.  Bad weather has kept us indoors so we haven't been getting enough walking done to wear her out. Winter is really starting to bum us out.  

Boo winter!


But we look on the bright side and we're using this time wisely. We're resting up and getting healthy. While I plan some adventures for when the weather breaks, Athena worked on some of her adventuring skills.  She built a pillow fort.  No joking, I had nothing to do with this.  She burrowed a little tunnel in the pillows on the bed, after jumping all over them of course! 

Look what I made mama!

Being stuck inside all the time has given Athena a lot of time to think about the future.  Ever since her dreams of being a DEA agent were dashed she has been considering other career options.  She has gone to my therapist with me a few times and she thinks, "I can do that." She loves a good story, so it might be fun to help kids learn to read like these doggies. There are so many options... world famous dog adventurer, professional athlete, YouTube personality?  

Athena looking dreamy in her pillow fort!

If Athena's future is in the spotlight she's already practicing.  We worked on "Stay" command and she was really good at posing for pictures.  Well we've gotta get back to exploring and planning and dreaming of warmer days.  Stay warm!

Love,
Kathy and Athena

Sorry, no more pictures. I've gotta investigate this.


4 comments:

  1. With that cute little face Athena, I see you as a YouTube personality and star! Have a wagging week!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Egan (the other human in our adventuring team) has some ideas for YouTube videos. So far they're pretty high budget though. LOL. We did start our YouTube Channel today though with an older video of a 2 month old Athena playing with her big kitty bro Moses. http://youtu.be/9HDKusf_o0U

      Delete
  2. I like that third picture in her pillow fort. Maybe she should consider a career in modeling? I tried to get Moses into it. I have some great shots of him playing in the window and outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Athena says that I should become a pet photographer and she should be a model so mommy and doggy can work together every day. But this was the first and only photo shoot so far that she has remotely cooperated with. I had all kinds of trouble. I took a bunch of shots before I realized that I didn't have the card in the camera. She left the fort to follow me while I put the card in and then I went right back when I asked her to.

      As for Moses, thanks to you I've got a full baby book of pictures even though he wasn't mine til he was two. You definitely got some great pictures of him. He's still a pretty good model. He looks stunning in natural light

      Delete